The Airborne Museum is brand new! On 14 March 2020, the museum would have opened for the public, but the opening has been postponed due to the corona crisis.
This has had a huge impact on the financial situation of the museum. Our busiest time of year starts mid-March with group visits from tour operators and schools. In April and May many individual visitors visit the museum in the May holidays and in connection to the remembrance of the Second World War and our liberation. Especially during this remembrance year of 75 years of freedom, we were expecting an even larger number of visitors. This is why we could definitely use your support.
Will you come visit the new museum once this is a possibility? With the Airborne Museum Friend membership you can visit the museum throughout the year and you support the continuation of the museum!
WHY IS YOUR SUPPORT SO IMPORTANT?
- The Airborne Museum supports itself with 99% of its revenue originating from ticket sales and income from the museum’s shop. The museum receives only limited funding.
- The famous story of the Battle of Arnhem is an important chapter in our history and should continue to be told.
- The museum has been completely renewed and deserves to be discovered by a large and diverse audience.
- The Airborne Museum is ‘the home of veterans’. The museum is located in Villa Hartenstein, the headquarters of the British forces in September 1944. Every year thousands of Brits visit the location to remember their family histories.
What is included in a Friend membership?
- Unlimited free entrance to the museum for one or two years
- 10% discount at the museum’s shop (with the exception of books)
- Invitations to lectures which can be visited with a discount
What does a Friend membership cost?
Adults € 17,50 (year 2021)
By clicking the link below, you can apply for the Friend membership. You will receive an e-ticket which can be used for a month. Within that month, you will receive the Friend membership at home. From that moment on, the e-ticket is no longer valid. The Friend membership will start the moment the museum reopens and will be valid for either one or two years from, depending on the chosen membership.